Location.

It took a while to try and find a good location for this shoot as I essentially wanted an overgrown room with a four poster bed to work with. I tried to find a hotel room in which I could use however I realised this wouldn’t be possible as I wanted it to be over grown. So I then had to find somewhere outside which was overgrown and was possible to turn into a room. I found this little garden and what stood out the most to me was the fact it had a huge wall at the bottom. I thought this place would be a good location to start with as i had the wall to help it look like a room but is also quite overgrown.

Location

To make this look more like an older building I bought some ‘Castle brick wallpaper’. I have decided that I want a black background although I thought to set the scene a little more it would be a good to have a subtle spotlight on the wallpaper to suggest to the audience that this image is set in an older room.

Example of the background I will use.
Example of the background I will use.

I also have experimented on photoshop with changing the colour temperature and tinting the image purple to try and create a fairytale atmosphere with a dark tone. I like this effect however, I think it will look much better when the dramatic lighting is used and i shoot later on in the day so the scene is darker itself.

location purple